Visual Pursuits will provide your club with a templated, themed website that can be easily customized for your club. This website is used to manage most aspects of your club and is fully integrated with the Image Competition Manager program we provide to create, manage and show images in a competition environment.
The website services and Image Competition Manager program are provided on a subscription basis. You need to use your Visual Pursuits website to setup all of the parameters that are used to manage competitions within the Image Competition Manager program.
Your Visual Pursuits website can be used as your club website, or it may be used to supplement your existing site. If you have an existing domain name, it can point to your Visual Pursuits website or you may use a special link we provide. Our goal is to provide the features desired by your club while allowing a unique look with minimal effort.
- Unique Appearance
- There are many ways to provide a unique look to your website. Different themes may be selected to change the colors and layouts used for the website. You can add your own logos, background images, custom web pages, and files to download.
- Unique Data
- Through an administrator interface you can define the characteristics of your club and its competitions. Most of the content on each page is your own unique text. We provide the framework so you can concentrate on what you want to say, instead of worrying about the technical details.
- Manage Membership
- Portions of your website are only accessible by your club members. Club members must be defined in the system and they may be associated with roles. A website administrator can alter all of the characteristics of the website. A Competition Manager is permitted to create events, competitions, and add new members. Members can participate in competitions and in online forums.
- Events and News
- You can easily post news and add events to your club calendar. Different views of your calendar make it easy to see upcoming events related to your club. You can create events that require pre-registration. E-mail reminders can be sent to members or those registered for an event.
- Manage Competitions
Competitions can be created on your website or with the Image Competition Manager program
we provide. The website will always contain all of your current and past competitions
and will display the results of those competitions. Images and competition data are exchanged
between your website and the Image Competition Manager program. Historical records are maintained
for all images and members.
Images do not need to be digital. The system handles cataloging image information for prints or slides. Scanned images can be added to allow a substitute image to be displayed for non-digital images.
- Upload and Download Images
- Members can upload images and enter images into a competition. Images are also uploaded and downloaded by the Image Competition Manager program. This allows competition images to be entered both through your website as well as at the time of the competition by importing the images into the Image Competition Manager program.
- Data is Secure
- Generally, members may only alter their own information. Website administrators can setup new members and make corrections to accounts. Members can indicate what information should be available to other club members. Roles are assigned to members to allow creating competitions, events, and news. All data and images collected by the Image Competition Manager program are uploaded to your website. All data and images on the website are backed up to insure no data is lost.